What is Pikkol?
Pikkol is a technology-centric firm that helps customers choose the right mover for all their needs. Be it a few items or an entire house, Pikkol is the one-stop moving destination for all.
How can a customer plan a move with Pikkol?
A customer can easily book a move with Pikkol. A booking can be completed in 3 simple steps
1) Enter the move details: The customer can provide details about their date of shifting, type of house and item inventory. Through our App they can upload photos and create the list, making a house inspection unnecessary.
2) Review quotes: An enquiry is sent to all approved packers and movers who are capable of providing the service level selected by the customer. The customer will receive quotes from multiple vendors.
3) Book & move: The customer can choose a packer and mover based on the reviews and ratings from various customers. On Pikkol, only verified customers who have availed the service are allowed to give ratings. Several spurious reviews exist on other platforms, making it very difficult to identify the right packer and mover.
How is it that Pikkol is able to give better rates and services to customers than what packers and movers give directly?
It is true that in most cases a customer would get the best rates for a particular service standard though Pikkol.
Some of the reasons why packers and movers give better rates to Pikkol customers are
1) Reduction in marketing expenses for packers and movers: Packers and movers spend money on yellow pages and just dialing websites that pass on leads to them. They also send their executives for house inspection before an order is finalized. Statistics show that one in seven such inspections leads to a conversion. Through Pikkol, since movers get involved after a lead is converted, their marketing expenses come down. They pass on the benefits that they gain through Pikkol to the customers.
2) Volume of orders from Pikkol to packers and movers: Pikkol gives several confirmed orders to the approved packers and movers. Since they are sure of the volume of orders that they would get from Pikkol, they tend to give the best rates to our customers. Since vendors run the risk of getting blacklisted from the platform, they tend to give the best service for the price quoted. In short, a Pikkol customer is treated as a corporate customer and hence gets the best rates and service.
3) Operational Improvements at packers and movers: Pikkol actively works with Packers and movers to improve their internal efficiencies and service standards. Route mapping and efficient scheduling of orders secured through Pikkol also helps them reap operational efficiencies.
Why book packers and movers through Pikkol?
Pikkol helps customers ship an item or shift their house very conveniently.
We have brought on board trusted packers and movers whom we count on to give our customers an exceptional experience. Pikkol evaluates the level of service that can be provided by a packer & mover before allowing them to submit quotes to customers. We also ensure that they provide quotes only for the service level they are approved for. Pikkol also does periodic evaluation that includes interaction with the crew, on-site inspection of packing expertise, offices and their organizational setup.
Apart from these there are several advantages that customers get in service quality, price and adherence to commitment that comes with Pikkol. We understand that for a customer there are a lot of things to work on during the time of a move. So, we ensure that once a customer books his/her move on Pikkol, the process is completely hassle-free.
Why can’t Pikkol just generate instant quotes based on the requirements submitted by the customer?
We do not generate instant quotes but ensure that our customers get real quotes from real vendors.
The quotes from vendors for the same items, same type of house and same distance may vary based on a lot of parameters that cannot be programmatically managed. These could be the number of orders they have in that particular area on that day, their general workload on that day, availability of trucks and labour and even their interest in servicing the particular order.
For example, a packer and mover who has booked a move in Whitefield, might accept the next order in that area at a lower price than he normally provides. Similarly, if he doesn't have a team scheduled to be in Whitefield on a particular day, his quotes for a move in the area would be higher than normal. Similarly, if a packer and mover has a truck already scheduled to leave for Kolkata in which a part of the load could be accommodated, his quotes for a move to Kolkata will be lower for that day.
We ensure that our vendors are also as committed to the customer’s requirements as we are.
Where can we get tips and general guidelines on planning a move?
We constantly update tips and general guidelines on our blog. You can access the blog at www.pikkol.com/blog